Friday, October 14, 2011

Update October

More than a month has passed since my last update. Hopefully I will be more proactive about keeping this thing current. In the mean time, a few photos:
Encarni and I at the port of Benalmádena, a beach town we visited before moving to Seville.


Friends and family at our 'goodbye' BBQ: ([relation to Encarni]--back row--Adriá [Luisa's fiancee], Francisco José [cousin], Grant; 3rd row-Luisa [cousin], Encarni, Inma [cousin], Maria Jose [sister], Francisco Miguel [cousin]; 2nd row-Aunt Dolores, Antonio [brother], Miriam [Carlos's girlfriend]; 1st row-Cristina [Antonio's girlfriend], Carlos [cousin].  

Finally in Seville! This is our courtyard. Notice the traditional Andalusian tiles decorating the walls.

And outside our 'piso', or apartment.

This is our street.

And what we see just around the corner from our place.

Encarni and I at a wedding in September.

Encarni dancing Sevillanas, a traditional regional dance, with her cousin.

Grant trying to dance Sevillanas.

Encarni's sister, Maria Jose, stayed with us in Seville while taking her college entrance exams.


During September and October Seville hosts an International Festival where different tents representing several countries sell food, drinks, and merchandise from all over the world.

Somehow I found my way to the German stand, and felt right at home.

There are many Virgins in Spain. This is one from our neighborhood: the Virgin del Rosario. She's out to celebrate her day on the calendar. She's accompanied by most of the neighborhood. 

Another virgin: the Divina Pastora de Triana, the Patron Saint of Sport.

Donating some coin to the Divina Pastora, hoping to give the Tarheels a little boost.